Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Alpha Space is a fast-growing commercial space company on the forefront of the new-space frontier. We design lunar payloads and own and operate MISSE, a unique commercial, external testing facility permanently installed on the International Space Station (ISS). We use MISSE and our lunar payloads to provide Space Testing as a Service (STaaS)TM on a commercial basis to a wide variety of customer investigators.
We’re looking for a Systems Engineer to join the design team for our latest lunar payload, the Space System Test & Evaluation Facility – First Flight (SSTEF-1). The successful candidate will be an experienced systems engineer with a proven ability to manage requirements, qualification/verifications, and space vehicle integration for a complex space payload.
This position is responsible for leading and managing the systems engineering and integration (SE&I) work for the SSTEF-1 project. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the initial trade studies to a timely conclusion, including final reports and final SSTEF-1 requirements.
- Manage the baseline requirements.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure that the design meets all requirements and can be verified.
- Work closely with our customer investigators to integrate their experiments with SSTEF-1
- Lead the verification and validation (V&V) planning and implementation.
- Lead integration of the SSTEF-1 with the lunar lander.
- Make presentations to NASA and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Travel frequency is minimal. Evening and weekend work may sometimes be required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- At least seven years of systems engineering experience in new product development for spaceflight or other high-specification equipment
- Relevant trade study experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Organized, with strong time management skills and good judgement
- Highly dependable, self-motivated, and accountable. Able work well as part of a team and also with a high degree of autonomy
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- US citizen or Greencard holder. Successful completion of a US Government background check is required
Why Choose Alpha Space?
Alpha Space is one of the only companies in the world that owns and operates a private testing facility in space and is also on contract to design and build lunar payloads, and you’ll be a key member of the team. If you’re looking to carve your place in 21st century lunar exploration, Alpha Space is the place for you.
We’re a family-owned business and a small team, and you will be a critical, hands-on part of the team, making an impact from your first day. At Alpha Space we are shaping our own future and the future of commercial space and lunar exploration. With a small, dedicated team and our own space test facilities, Alpha Space is an organization that provides the world the opportunity to truly reach for the stars.
Alpha Space Test & Research Alliance, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.