- Houston, TX 77058
Alpha Space Test & Research Alliance, LLC
Job Title: Spaceflight Project Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Alpha Space is a commercial space company on the forefront of the new-space frontier. We own and operate a commercial, external testing facility permanently installed on the International Space Station (ISS) called MISSE, and we are developing payloads for the moon. We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager who knows how to build electro-mechanical spaceflight equipment. The successful candidate will work directly with Alpha Space’s customers and the rest of the team to ensure that all Alpha Space projects and MISSE flights meet or exceed requirements and are delivered on-time and on-budget. The successful candidate will be an engineer and project manager with a record of delivering spaceflight hardware which meets the exacting standards spaceflight demands.
Reporting to the Alpha Space Program Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring that Alpha Space’s projects meet all requirements and are delivered on time and on budget. Key responsibilities include:
- Establish and manage project requirements, scope, schedules, and budgets, including managing changes
- Assist, guide, manage, and sometimes perform engineering, design, manufacturing, assembly, test, and delivery activities, including developing and delivering required technical and project documentation.
- Customer interfacing, reporting, and routine communications to ensure an on-going, mutual understanding
- Work with potential customers to craft solutions that meet their needs and budgets
- Assist with relevant proposals and other business development activities.
- Recommend and lead process improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel frequency is minimal. Evening and weekend work may sometimes be required.
- BSc degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
- At least five years of space experience and at least five years of successful project management experience with turnkey, high-specification product development projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient with typical project management tools and techniques, including setting up and managing budgets, schedules, and work plans
- Knowledge of, and experience with, NASA spaceflight equipment development and verification requirements, including quality and safety
- Organized, with strong time management and project management skills. Able to ensure that work is performed as planned
- Excellent interpersonal skills, judgement, and verbal & written communications skills
- Highly dependable, self-motivated, and accountable. Able work with a high degree of autonomy
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, team-focused environment involving support to numerous customers and projects
- Successful completion of a US Government background check is required.
Why Choose Alpha Space?
- Is one of the only companies in the world that owns and operates a private testing facility in space
- Delivers spaceflight hardware for launch to the ISS approximately every six months. If you’re a hardware person, Alpha Space is the place for you
- Is a small team in a family-owned organization, and you will be a critical, hands-on part of the team from your first day
- Offers the opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest, most experienced, and committed engineering and technology experts in the U.S.
- Is under contract to design and build a payload to go to the moon
At Alpha Space we are shaping our own future and the future of commercial space every day! With a small, dedicated team and our own orbiting test facility, Alpha Space is an organization that provides the world the opportunity to truly reach for the stars.
Alpha Space Test & Research Alliance, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. U.S. citizen or permanent resident only.