Job Title: Software Developer
Location: Houston, TX
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Alpha Space is a fast-growing commercial space company on the forefront of the new-space frontier. We own and operate MISSE, a unique commercial, external testing facility which is permanently installed on the outside of the International Space Station (ISS). We are also designing and building two new lunar payloads to extend our Space Testing as a Service (STaaS) business model to the moon, with launches scheduled for 2023 and 2024. We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our design team and work on these and other exciting development projects.
This position is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying software components for space flight systems, ground support systems, and build/test environments for Alpha Space’s products. Key responsibilities include:
- Implement software which meets defined requirements using company-chosen languages: C, C++, C#, Java, and others
- Software/Hardware interfacing, for example: I2C, SPI, CAN and UART.
- Data parsing using Python or Linux/Windows utilities.
- Requirements management.
- Work closely with the other members of Alpha Space’s engineering design, integration, and operations teams on product development projects and as required to test and troubleshoot new designs and products.
Travel frequency is minimal. Evening and weekend work may sometimes be required.
Minimum & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Linux 4+ years, Software 5+ years (C, Java required, C++, C#, and Python a strong plus).
- Linux command line skills and scripting experience required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Organized, with strong time management skills and good judgement.
- Highly dependable, self-motivated, and accountable; capable of working well as part of a team and autonomously.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- US citizen or green card holder. Successful completion of a US Government background check is required.
- Git version control experience a plus.
- Embedded development experience is a plus.
- Kernel building, module building, and cross compiling is a plus.
- Experience with NASA and/or ISS software requirements a plus.
Why Choose Alpha Space?
You will be a key member of a design team that is helping to build the new space economy. Alpha Space is one of the only companies in the world that owns and operates a private testing facility in space and is also on contract to design and build lunar payloads. If you want to see your work in space, and have an impact on 21st century commercial space operations and lunar exploration, then Alpha Space is the place for you.
Alpha Space Test & Research Alliance, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.