Job Title: MISSE Manager
Sr. Technical Recruiter, Alpha Space
Alpha Space is a commercial space company on the forefront of the new-space frontier. Alpha Space owns and operates MISSE, a commercial, external testing facility permanently installed on the exterior of the International Space Station (ISS). We launch and return MISSE Science Carriers roughly every six months, and we are looking for a MISSE Manager to join the Alpha Space management team. The successful candidate will be an experienced, accountable, hands-on aerospace project manager, engineer, and leader who enjoys working in a dynamic environment with customers, suppliers, and our engineering and operations team to help make the MISSE service a continuing success.
Overall responsibility for MISSE services, equipment, and operations, including customer service and satisfaction, experiment integration, ground and on-orbit operations, system upgrades, process improvement, and P&L. Specific key responsibilities include:
- Deliver each MISSE ship-set and related documentation and reports on time and on-budget
- Ensure all design, production, assembly, integration, and test work is performed safely, accurately, and to the highest quality standards
- Work closely with Alpha Space’s customers to ensure that the MISSE service is meeting their needs and expectations
- Assist and/or co-lead sales, marketing, and proposal efforts
- Support Alpha Space’s development of lunar testing services and products
- Manage, supervise, lead, and mentor employees
- Work collaboratively and closely with senior leadership to help Alpha Space grow and thrive
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, physics, or other hard science from an accredited university; MBA a plus
- At least 10 years of success managing complex, turn-key projects, including at least five years recent space industry experience leading the development, manufacturing, and certification of spaceflight equipment
- Understanding of the International Space Station program
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external teams to deliver high quality, fully compliant products on-time and on-budget
- Some experience in business development, proposals, and conference presentations/public speaking
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely – written and verbal
- Positive attitude, comfortable with a dynamic environment
- Flexible, organized, highly dependable, accountable
- Some travel and extended work schedule may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Why Choose Alpha Space?
Alpha Space is one of the only companies in the world that owns and operates a private testing facility in space, and you will lead that service line with P&L responsibility. We’re also extending our Space Testing as a Service (STaaS) business model to the moon and beyond, and you will get to help shape what that looks like. If you’re a space hardware and operations person, Alpha Space is the place for you.
We’re a family-owned business and a small team, and you will be a critical, hands-on part of the team, making an impact from your first day. At Alpha Space we are shaping our own future and the future of commercial space. With a small, dedicated team and our own orbiting test facility, Alpha Space is an organization that provides the world the opportunity to truly reach for the stars.
Alpha Space Test & Research Alliance, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.