Job Title: Manager of Projects & Engineering
Sr. Technical Recruiter, Alpha Space
Alpha Space is a fast-growing commercial space company on the forefront of the new-space frontier. We provide Space Testing as a Service (STaaSTM) through our privately owned and operated MISSE facility on the ISS. We are also on contract to deliver our first lunar test system in 2021, and we have been awarded a contract to develop a second, general purpose lunar testbed system for launch to the moon in 2024. Our growing business requires a disciplined, self-motivated, and highly experienced Manager of Projects & Engineering to lead project execution and process improvements for our development and sustaining engineering projects. The successful candidate will be an experienced, accountable, hands-on aerospace project manager, engineer, and leader, with production experience, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment with customers, suppliers, engineering, and operations and is ready to join our leadership team.
Overall responsibility for project execution and engineering results for Alpha Space projects, including MISSE sustaining engineering. Specific key responsibilities include:
- Lead the continuous improvement of Alpha Space’s project management, engineering, and production/test processes with a focus on consistency, quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Deliver Alpha Space’s products and projects on-time, on-budget, and on-spec
- Manage and mentor Alpha Space’s engineering, production/test, and project management staff
- Ensure all work is performed safely and accurately, meets requirements, and is done to the highest quality standards
- Support sales, marketing, and proposal efforts
- Subcontractor management
- Manage, supervise, lead, and mentor employees
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or physics from an accredited university.
- At least 15 years of demonstrable success managing complex, turn-key development/production projects, including at least ten years leading the development, manufacturing, and certification of spaceflight equipment
- At least five years of successful experience in customer-facing positions
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal and external teams to deliver high quality, fully compliant products on-time and on-budget
- Organized, with strong time management and project management skills. Able to plan work and ensure that it is performed as planned. Flexible, highly dependable, self-motivated, accountable
- Some experience in business development, proposals, and conference presentations/public speaking a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely – written and verbal
- Positive attitude, comfortable with a dynamic environment
- Successful completion of a US Government background check is required.
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Why Choose Alpha Space?
Alpha Space is one of the only companies in the world that owns and operates a private testing facility in space, and you will help lead the expansion of that service line to the moon. If you’re looking to carve your place in 21st century lunar exploration, Alpha Space is the place for you.
We’re a family-owned business and a small team, and you will be a critical, hands-on part of the team, making an impact from your first day. At Alpha Space we are shaping our own future and the future of commercial space and lunar exploration. With a small, dedicated team and our own space test facilities, Alpha Space is an organization that provides the world the opportunity to truly reach for the stars.
Alpha Space Test & Research Alliance, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA-M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.